Friday 31 August 2012

Zevi Stewart Wolmark! Who is he?

Zevi Stewart Wolmark! Who is he?” I asked to one of my neighbors after relocating to a new place with my family.

Some months ago, I got promotion and a fully furnished house from my office. I have just shifted in my new home 2 months back with my wife and kids. Whenever I walk down to my job on the main street, I see a big house at the end of the street. I see the owner of the house daily. Sometimes, I see him looking out in the garden watching kids playing. Sometimes, he is planting, roaming here & there and taking fresh breath in his garden. Sometimes, he is talking to his wife and kid on terrace.

He has a very impressive personality that always attracts me. I always wanted to talk to him. But as everyone knows in this city strangers are not to be approached more intimately. Hence, I just pass him daily.

As usual, one day, I was coming out of my house to go to office. As I came to the main street, I saw that man. He was helping a lady, who just got an accident on the street. I did not waste a minute and rush to that man to help him taking that lady to the nearby hospital. I saw a helpful and kind heart covered in the amazing personality. On the way, he said a single sentence to me and that was, “Thanks for helping this poor lady.”

I asked him whether he knew that lady. He replied, “No.”

Just from this one line sentence, I understood that I was not wrong about this person. I was quite right about his helping, honest and broad minded nature. After admitting that lady to the hospital, we both left to our way.

Although I see him every day, as I did before. But today, I know him. He is “Stewart Wolmark".

No comments:

Post a Comment